Anyways back to the topic…. why ‘walk’? Well the idea is that if you are too busy, too tired, or too bored to do anything else …. at least walk!!!! And you can still make sure that you are able to give your heart a good cardio and your legs an exercise. I mean what can be simpler than walking right??? You’ve been doing it since you were one year old!!!! (or less)
Walking can be a gentle and slow process. Especially if you do not want to sweat for hours in your Gym or lift heavy weights or(worst case scenario) if you don’t have time for Yoga or any other workout that you like. Though they are ideal ways to loose weight. However, if you are only willing to walk, one thing is very clear that you will need to work on your calories.
You need to have patience and follow some basic rules and make some simple routine changes in your lifestyle. Walking off with excess weight is not like reaching on the peak of Mount Everest that you can’t attain easily (though it may feel like it). It is also not a rocket science- very difficult to understand. Just follow the rules and be under strict discipline of yourself. It might seem tough in the beginning, like you are denying yourself all the pleasures(if you think they are) but believe me there is a great liberating power in reducing your choices and keeping life simpler.
So, here are some simple, but most workable; well known, but scarcely practiced steps which will help you immensely in walking off with excess fat issues.
- Keep away oily and fat rich foods from your diet. Do not fall in the ‘baked foods’ trap. Baking requires as much fat and oil and if it is less, its by a very marginal amount. Basically, stay away from all processed foods and see the changes in you in just 2-3 weeks.
- A strict no to all kinds of direct sugar, which is something very difficult but you need to thrash your sugar cravings mercilessly if you want to knock down your weight gain problems. Go for natural sugars fruits like bananas not just give you energy but also much needed potassium.
- .Eat your foods in smaller proportions but at regular intervals which we rarely do. Instead of having food 3 times a day, make it 5-6 times but in smaller proportions. It will also help you to deal with your hunger pangs.
- 2-3 servings of fruits and salads in a day will prove to be very beneficial.
- Make a strong commitment to yourself to walk briskly for at least 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the evening. It will help you a lot.
- Eating fiber- rich foods must be on top of your agenda.
- Drink as much water as you can. There’s nothing better than that.Trust me!!!
- Never be late with your sleep routines.
Include all these things in your routine and be very strict with them and see the positive changes that it brings for you! My best wishes to you!
And the most important tip…. walk in style with your head held high.